Monday, November 17, 2008

Destitute

A few days ago, it was her birthday. Many things happened... Too many. I feel so torn. The way her tears spilled out onto her pillow, heart-wrenching. Finally, her birthday was to be on the next day, yet once again memories of her lonely past flood back as she sits in her room ALONE. The messages come yet on the eve of her birthday, she cried. Never, once, did she celebrate her birthday when she was younger, nor did others remember it, not even how old she was. She found friends, hoping that she could see them again on that day, or close to it. None. No view of them for the few days front and back. None.
"It's ok, Fi, I'm alright. Not that I've never been through this once before..."
Sweet words of comfort would have gone to naught. I couldn't bear to see her like that. Slowly I embraced her and she accepted it. Then we were interrupted by her sister. *Poof* I disappeared along with her tears which dried. Silent she stayed. On her game console she went, playing... What went on later I'm not so sure about. At 11.58pm on the 14th, she got her 1st birthday wish, though it was not yet her birthday. 12.00pm, I whispered it to her. 12.04pm, another message. She read it, happy, not really caring anymore about the previous day.
"Its my birthday after all."

No comments: